I am always looking for ways to make the simple things of life special. The other day, I made this pretty cake to surprise my family. It is a very light and moist yoghurt cake, which can be flavoured with the zest of citrus fruits or vanilla or even rose water!
- Using an electric mixer, whisk the eggs and sugar until thick and pale.
- Continue to whisk and add the oil in a thin stream until it is all incorporated.
- Add the yoghurt in the same way as the oil.
- Stop the machine and add the flour and baking powder.
- Continue to whisk for about one minute or until the flour is incorporated and there are no lumps. But do not over mix or the cake will be heavy.
- Divide the cake mixture in the prepared tins and bake in a preheated oven to 170C for about 20 minutes or when a skewer that is inserted in the centre of the cake comes out dry. Allow the cake to cool down completely before decorating.
- Sandwich the cake with a jam of your choice, strawberry, raspberry or damson would work well.
- Cover the cake with whipped cream and garnish with fresh berries.